RMIT Study Support Scholarship
If you are having financial difficulties and/or at a disadvantage during your education, this scholarship could assist you with your study costs.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides $2500 per standard full time year at certificate IV, diploma, degree and postgraduate (coursework) level and $2500 for one year at honours level.
In semester 2, 2013, the value of the scholarship will be $1250 for one semester duration. Only a limited number of RMIT Study Support Scholarships will be offered for standard full-time duration.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australia or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident
- be enrolled full time (or part time with exceptional circumstances) at RMIT in semester 2, 2013
- be able to demonstrate financial difficulties and/or educational disadvantage
- not have completed the same or higher level of program, e.g. if you plan to study a Bachelor of Architectural Design, you should not have previously completed another Bachelor degree
If you are a certificate IV diploma student you must:
- be starting or currently enrolled in a certificate IV or diploma
- be in a state government-supported place
- be in a program that is at least one year long or a pathway program combination (a combination of certificate IV and diploma) that is at least one year long
- not be doing an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours student you must:
- have at least one semester of your program to complete.
If you are a postgraduate coursework student you must:
- be starting or currently enrolled in a coursework program of at least one year duration
- have at least one semester of your postgraduate coursework program left to complete.
How to apply
For semester 2, 2013, apply direct to the Scholarships Office using the 2013 mid-year Scholarships Office Application Form (PDF 491kb 9p).
For the 2014 academic year, the 2014 application form will be available during August 2013.
For semester 2 2013, applications open 3 June 2013.
For 2014 applications:
VTAC applicants: approximately August 2013
Non VTAC applicants: approximately September 2013
For semester 2 2013, applications close 14 June 2013.
For 2014 applications:
VTAC applicants: approximately October 2013
Non VTAC applicants: approximately November 2013
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 96kb 11p)