Supporting students with a disability
RMIT provides additional support for students living with:
- physical disabilities
- sensory disabilities
- neurological conditions
- mental-health conditions
- long-term medical illnesses
Our expert advisors understand the challenges that you face and provide targeted, personalised assistance so that you can fulfil your potential.
- reasonable adjustments - we facilitate changes to your assessment and study conditions so that your disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition does not affect your academic performance.
- course materials in other formats - if you have trouble reading printed material, we arrange for course materials to be produced in other formats.
- enabling staff - we arrange for specialised staff to work with you in lectures, tutorials, seminars, practical sessions and exams. Examples of support includes note-taking and Auslan interpretation.
- Technology - we arrange for you to use reading and writing, voice-recognition, screen-reading and screen-magnification software programs. Examples include Texthelp read and write, Dragon naturally speaking, Jaws, and Zoom text.