As an RMIT student you are entitled to seek a review of decisions that impact on your studies.
In accordance with the University’s policies and procedures, please use the appropriate Appeals form to lodge an appeal against a decision that relates to:
- Assessment adjustment outcome, following an application for:
- Assessment outcomes, concerning:
- the final result of a course (form pending)
- the outcome of a thesis/project examination in a research program (higher degree students only) (form pending)
- a request for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or credit transfer.
- Academic progress, which has led to:
- notification of the intention to exclude you from a program
- termination of a higher degree by research candidature (form pending)
- being identified by a Program Assessment Board as first stage ‘at risk’ (form pending)
- an ‘at risk’ recommendation of a Research Candidate Progress Committee (form pending).
How to lodge an appeal
Please follow the specific lodgment instructions on the relevant Appeals form – different forms may have different instructions.
Assistance and advice
University Appeals Committee Secretariat
tel. +61 3 9925 8862
tel. +61 3 9925 8710
tel. +61 3 9925 8964
College Appeals Committee Secretariats
Tel. +61 3 9925 5680
Design and Social Context
Tel. +61 3 9925 2226
Science, Engineering and Health
Tel. +61 3 9925 9780
You can also seek assistance from RMIT Student Union.