News and events
- High Performance Computing transforms research 31/10/2012New super-fast high-performance computing (HPC) will revolutionise the computational modelling and simulation technologies available to researchers.
- High Performance Computing transforms research 29/10/2012New super-fast high-performance computing (HPC) being installed by RMIT University, La Trobe University, and the Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing (VPAC Ltd) will revolutionise the computational modelling and simulation technologies available to researchers, and their ultimate understanding of a number of social and medical complexities.
- RMIT, India unite for automation research 29/02/2012Victorian Premier Ted Baillieu has announced a new Australia-India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering (AICAUSE) at RMIT University.
The RMIT e-Research Office has been established to facilitate IT systems, software and services support to researchers with high-performance computing (HPC), high-bandwidth network and data-intensive collaborative spaces needs.
Services are centered on major research ICT infrastructure items, such as those funded through ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities grants, assistance with multi-institution and multi-disciplinary ICT support, and major state and national e-Research initiatives.
The e-Research office is conducting a survey regarding RMIT's HPC needs, which will enable the e-Research Office to:
- Offer software installation and upgrade support to our HPC community in RMIT through the ITS helpdesk
- Compile a web page of our ICT-enabled research projects
- Understand better the needs of HPC/Grid/Cloud-enabled research
- Represent RMIT in the Victorian and national e-research network