School research concentrations
Renewable energy systems - combined desalination and power generation research equipment.
The School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering (SAMME) is internationally renowned for its applied industry focused research. The School aims to undertake high impact influential research through collaborative projects with industry and other research organisations in Australia and overseas. The School has developed extensive and advanced research facilities to support its research efforts.
Research is primarily conducted within the following research concentrations:
- Advanced Aerospace Technologies
- Sustainable Automotive Technologies
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Industrial Systems
- Sports Technology Innovation
- Virtual Engineering Platforms
The School is currently involved in four Cooperative Research Centres (CRCs) – Advanced Automotive Technologies, Advanced Composite Structures, Advanced Manufacturing, Defence Materials Technology Centre – and derives significant industry-related research outcomes from this involvement.
Also, the School has the Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre to coordinate the University's interaction and collaboration with aerospace related industries in Australia and overseas. The School is actively involved in the activities of RMIT research institutes.
- Aerospace and Aviation Engineering Discipline
- Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Discipline
- Mechanical and Automotive Engineering Discipline
RMIT Research Centre
Cooperative Research Centres
- Cooperative Research Centre for Advanced Automotive Technologies
- Cooperative Research Centre for Advanced Composite Structures