Office of Dean, Learning and Teaching
The Dean, Learning and Teaching provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic university initiatives in Learning and Teaching.
Professor Geoffrey Crisp
Dean, Learning and Teaching
The Dean assists and advises the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) on university-wide learning and teaching initiatives and projects, including the Learning and Teaching Investment Fund (LTIF) and the Office for Learning and Teaching grants, awards and teaching fellowships.
Working with the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellors (L&T) and Academic Development Groups in the Colleges, the Dean:
- drives learning and teaching at a university-wide level
- provides leadership in the implementation of learning and teaching policy
- initiates cross university activities
- builds external relationships to enable increased sharing of knowledge and innovations.
The Dean also supports the effective development and renewal of policy in the learning and teaching area to achieve the goals set out in the RMIT Academic Plan and Strategic Plan.
Supporting the Dean in these duties are the staff of three units:
- Learning and Teaching Unit
- Educational Technology Advancement Group
- e-Learning Strategy and Innovation Group
Contact the office
Building 1, Level 3A, Room 1
Phone: +61 3 9925 8308