Statute 6.1 Student discipline
1. There will be a Discipline Board constituted and conducted in accordance with the Regulations made pursuant to this Statute.
2. There will be an Appeals Committee constituted and conducted in accordance with the Regulations made pursuant to this Statute.
3. The Discipline Board, the Appeals Committee and the officers specified in the Regulations will have the power to determine matters of discipline and where appropriate impose penalties as specified in the Regulations.
4. The Council may make Regulations with respect to all matters of student discipline and the conduct of hearings and appeals under this Statute and all other matters or things for which it is necessary or expedient to regulate for the purposes of this Statute including the discipline of students outside Victoria.
5. Regulations made pursuant to this Statute will come into effect when exhibited on the official University Notice Boards and will remain exhibited for a period of not less than fourteen days which period will not include official University holidays.