School of Applied Sciences
The School of Applied Sciences has a strong reputation for research and teaching in fundamental science and advanced molecular technologies.
We are one of RMIT's top performing research schools. Our research strengths include: nanotechnology and advanced materials; computational modelling; industrial, medicinal / natural product, food and polymer chemistry; environmental chemistry and biology; plant biotechnology; environmental and medical microbiology; and occupational health and safety. We deliver high-quality teaching programs and innovative research that addresses 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda, while inspiring students to pursue careers in science.
- RMIT lecturer to head metabolomics association 03/04/2014Dr Oliver Jones from the School of Applied Sciences has been elected co-president of Proteomics and Metabolomics Victoria.
- Research provides valuable insight into water quality 03/04/2014Research into chemicals found in recycled water is offering a promising insight into the viability of using aquifers for water storage.
- Top applied research medal for RMIT professor 07/03/2014The Royal Australian Chemical Institute has recognised Professor Suresh Bhargava for his contributions in the field of applied sciences.
- Science in the City 30/06/2014The School of Applied Sciences is offering students, parents and teachers the opportunity to visit our state-of-the-art learning laboratories, learn more about the programs on offer and the research and training facilities available.
- Experience Science Day 04/07/2014See how science can enable you to create practical solutions to real world problems. You will explore areas of forensic chemistry, physics and more through interactive workshops and presentations. Discover where a career in science can take you.
- Science in the City 22/09/2014The School of Applied Sciences is offering students, parents and teachers the opportunity to visit our state-of-the-art learning laboratories, learn more about the programs on offer and the research and training facilities available.
RMIT Experience Days
A world of possibilities
Higher Education Studies for VCE