TAFE teaching staff leave guidelines
This guideline outlines the TAFE teaching staff leave entitlements for TAFE staff members in accordance with the applicable awards.
This guideline applies to fixed term and continuing TAFE teaching staff, level 1-5.
The following staff members are excluded from this guideline:
- Senior executive staff
- Professional staff
- Security staff
- Child care staff
- Casual staff members
- TAFE Head of School
- Senior educator Level 1-3
In addition to 20 days annual leave, RMIT TAFE teaching staff level 1-5 are granted 10 days of TAFE teaching staff leave per calendar year.
The granting of this additional leave is subject to the following principles:
- The leave will be granted on a pro rata basis for any period of service which is less than 12 calendar months.
- The RMIT TAFE Teaching staff leave will be taken at a mutually agreeable time having regard to the operation of the University, provided that a request for leave will not be unreasonably refused.
- The RMIT TAFE Teaching staff leave will be utilised during the calendar year in which it is credited and will be non cumulative. Any untaken leave will lapse at the end of January of the following year.
- The RMIT TAFE Teaching staff leave will not form part of any termination payments upon termination of employment.
- It is recommended that TAFE teaching staff use their TAFE teaching staff leave for the University close down periods over Christmas
- The use of the remaining seven days TAFE teaching staff leave is optional
- An application for TAFE teaching staff leave needs to be submitted via ESS prior to commencing leave