As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- RMIT awarded $6m in Discovery grants 12/12/2013The first Australian study of the social uses of mobile gaming is among 16 RMIT University projects recently awarded ARC Discovery funding.
- RMIT helps seaports prepare for climate change 11/12/2013An RMIT University project has developed a prototype tool to help Australian ports factor climate change into their risk management process.
- Is there a smart energy utopia? 11/12/2013An RMIT University seminar and book launch will explore questions of how smart energy technologies are being woven into everyday life.
- Big Data Research and Development in Computer Science 17/12/2013Professor Chengqi Zhang, Director, Centre for Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems (QCIS), University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, presents this Distinguished Lecture for PTRI.
- Public seminar and book launch of Smart Utopia 19/12/2013Public seminar and book launch of Dr Yolande Strenger’s recently published book Smart energy technologies in everyday life: Smart Utopia?.