RMIT’s Research Centres are making a national impact in research.
Our Research Centres demonstrate RMIT’s research capabilities in focused research areas and undertake high impact research that has national recognition. Many of our research Centres are involved in influencing policy at a State and National level. The relationships RMIT’s Centres have with Industry and Government create opportunities to conduct relevant, focused, applied research in their areas of expertise.
Through their access to world class facilities, equipment and infrastructure, academics working within Centres contribute to an active and vibrant research environment. RMIT’s research Centres provide members and students with the opportunity to develop their research careers in a focused and well supported environment.
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Business Education Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Globalism Research Centre
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre (MNRC)
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Rheology and Materials Processing Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment (SPACE) Research Centre
- Centre for Sustainable Organisations and Work
- Centre for Urban Research
- Water: Effective Technologies and Tools (WETT) Research Centre
- No sweat 13/06/2013Getting older has its benefits: experience, wisdom, perspective. Paradoxically, just when we begin to "get it together", our bodies start to slow down.
- Keep it clean 13/06/2013When Simon Lockrey was flown to Hobart to explain life cycle assessment to staff at the Australian Antarctic Division, he didn't expect to strike such an instant chord.
- Working with pioneers 13/06/2013Pioneering early residents in green field housing estates usually have to put up with barren open spaces and a lack of amenities for the first few years.