The University Secretariat, led by Amanda Way, provides executive support to the Chancellor, RMIT Council and its Committees, and university controlled entities, and is a source of governance advice to the university. It manages policy information and ensures the University's compliance with certain statutory obligations.
- Supporting the RMIT Chancellor
- Managing Council and Committees of Council
- Company secretarial services to controlled entities
- Policy and information management to facilitate access to RMIT policies
- Ensuring statutory compliance with provisions in the RMIT Act
- Management of university-wide elections
- Management of privacy related complaints, compliance matters and assurance activities
- Oversight and assurance activities with regard to statutory compliance University-wide
- Strategic and operational records management
- Management of the RMIT University Archives
The University Secretariat manages the process for the consideration and award of honorary degrees and the Francis Ormond medal.