Staff Visiting City Campus: Booking a City Visitor Parking Bay
City Visitor Parking Bays are for RMIT staff members who are based at Bundoora and Brunswick and are required to visit the City campus for work-related matters.
Booking a City Visitor Parking Bay will provide visiting staff with a convenient place to park their car while at the City campus.
The following are instructions for booking a City Visitor Parking Bay.
How to book a City Visitor Parking Bay
Eight bays in the Building 51.1 garage on the City Campus have been designated an RMIT Visiting Staff parking zone.
These bays are reserved for Bundoora and Brunswick based staff who are required to visit the City campus for work for one or two days only.
In order to be granted access to the City Visitor parking bay, staff are required to book a bay through Google Calendar and obtain an access card for the boom gate. Bookings should be made 24 hours in advance. If a parking bay is no longer required, bookings must be cancelled from Google Calendar.
Make a booking
- In Google, open your calendar and Edit Event
- In the Event Title field, type your name and mobile phone contact number
- Use Add Rooms etc facility to select one of the following bays
- If the bay is available, select the start stop times of your reservation or click “All Day”. Please note that the minimum amount of time to book a parking bay is 4 hours. All bookings must exceed 4 hours.
- Once a booking is confirmed, users are required to obtain a temporary parking permit (to be displayed on the car dashboard) and an access card (for the Building 51 boom gate).
- Collect a temporary parking permit and an access card from one of the following parking administration locations.
Parking administration locations
- for SAMME personnel only - Melissa Sigismondo located at SAMME Reception B251.03.004 @ Bundoora East
Vehicles parked without a permit on display will be issued with a Parking Infringement Notice and fine. Users of the Building 51 City Visitor Parking Bays can only park in bays numbered 162 – 167 and 169 and 170. Parking is not permitted in any other bay in the garage.
Take care with low height bays – especially Bay 164. No reverse parking.
Building 51 parking map
View the Building 51 parking map.
- The temporary parking permit must be displayed face-up on the dashboard of the vehicle parked in the bay.
- Users must return the access card and permit to the parking administrator within 2 working days after its use.
- Permits and cards must be returned to the same parking administrator who originally issued it. Property Services will deny future bookings from staff who fail to return their loaned access card in a timely manner.
- Lost cards incur a $20 replacement fee.
- Permits and cards must not be loaned to other drivers.
- If you arrive at the garage and there are no Visitor Bays available you must park off campus and immediately notify the Parking Administrator on extension 52797 or by email to email@example.com. Cars parked without proper authority will receive a Parking Infringement Notice.
- You must cancel any booking that is no longer needed. Staff who book a space without using it may lose their booking rights to the visitor parking bays.
Use of the RMIT parking bays is conditional on the RMIT Parking Policy and Procedures found at:
If Bundoora or Brunswick staff are required to work on the City campus for more then two consecutive days, an alternative parking arrangement must be established.
Staff/vehicles with an assigned City campus parking bay are not permitted to use the Building 51 visiting staff carpark bays.
City-based staff, including those who work in Buildings 51, are not eligible to park at the site.
Students are not eligible to park on the City campus.
You are encouraged to review these documents before use of the RMIT visitor parking bays. Parking Policy & Procedures
Queries to email firstname.lastname@example.org