Programs and Courses in Wellness
RMIT's Wellness aims to be a world leader in the wellness field offering a postgraduate degree, undergraduate elective courses, single courses and short courses in the wellness areas. These programs and courses are primarily delivered via online and distance learning and are designed to cater for a wide range of interests, with graduates gaining professional qualifications as well as personal wellness skills.
Wellness graduates are employed in a variety of sectors including the spa and wellness industry, mainstream healthcare, complementary healthcare, the corporate sector and in private practice.
Postgraduate by coursework
Master of Wellness incorporating Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate
The Master of Wellness program addresses the need to integrate wellness principles and strategies into life, education and work settings, thereby contributing to the prevention of chronic lifestyle disease, enhanced productivity, enjoyment of life, and personal fulfillment. The program aims to develop wellness industry leaders who have a multidisciplinary understanding of the sector.
The Master of Wellness is available fully online and can be completed in 18 months full time, or on a part-time basis. The Graduate Certificate in Wellness and Graduate Diploma in Wellness are incorporated within the Master of Wellness and you can exit with these awards once the coursework requirements are met.
- Program structure
- Program brochure (PDF 94KB 2p)
- Master of Wellness frequently asked questions (PDF 70KB 8p)
Electives available to any undergraduate student currently studying at RMIT:
- COTH2149 Introduction to Body, Breath and Movement
- COTH2136 Health Enhancement and Lifestyle Management
- COTH2154 Introduction to Aromatherapy
- OHTH2132 Introduction to Food as Medicine
- OHTH2133 Introduction to Herbs and Natural Supplements
- BESC1482 Introduction to Mindbody Wellness
- COTH2148 Introduction to Wellness and Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- PUBH1375 Introduction to Wellness Coaching
- AERS1001 Introduction to permaculture and sustainable living
- COTH2162 Introduction to yoga fundamentals
- PUBH1380 Introduction to corporate and workplace wellness
- BESC1487 Introduction to happiness and positive psychology
Single and Short Courses
What are wellness single and short courses?
- Wellness single courses are undergraduate and postgraduate courses that can be taken online without being enrolled in an RMIT program.
- Wellness short courses are non-accredited courses of varying length (usually around 30 hours), which provide skills, knowledge enhancement and general interest.
Continuing professional education points (CPE)
Wellness courses are ideal for CPE points for health care professionals. Courses currently endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners for continuing education points are:
- Food as Medicine
- Herbs and Natural Supplements
Other professional associations, e.g. nursing, psychology and pharmacy, may accept wellness courses for continuing education points (enquire with your association).
Locating single and short courses
For further information contact: