Gym and sport
RMIT City Fitness gym
If you love to work it out at the gym, RMIT’s City Fitness is one of the leaders in the health and fitness industry in Melbourne. It’s conveniently located on our City campus, and offers:
- Group fitness classes
- Affordable personal training with highly qualified staff
- Individual exercise programs
- Rehabilitation and corrective exercise
RMIT provides a range of activities for everyone – from social events to national competitions.
Our sporting activities
RMIT offers a variety of fun sporting activities, including:
- Sports festivals – a fun and interactive social event held twice throughout the year
- RMIT Challenges – one-day sporting tournaments in soccer, basketball, netball, badminton and table tennis. They’re fast and they’re fun. Enter as a team, or compete as an individual – a great way to get involved and meet new friends.
- Community events – support for students participating in some of Melbourne’s largest and most iconic events including the Melbourne Marathon and Around the Bay in a Day – join the RMIT team and help raise money for charity.
- University Games – a national multi-sport competition. If you’re a more serious athlete RMIT can support you in competing against students from across Australia, making lifetime friends in the process.
- Sports Council – become an active voice in helping to shape the sport and recreation activities at RMIT, and get great professional experience along the way.